The BackBox Team is pleased to announce the updated release of BackBox Linux, the version 3.05. This release include features such as Linux Kernel 3.2, compat-wireless 3.8 (with Aircrack-NG patch) and Xfce 4.8.
The ISO images (32bit & 64bit) can be downloaded from the following location:
- System improvements
- Upstream components
- Bug corrections
- Performance boost
- Improved Update menu
- Improved Wi-Fi dirvers (compat-wireless v3.8 with Aircrack-NG patch)
- Full support to Kernel 3.5 and 3.8 (install it with apt-get/synaptic)
- Predisposition to ARM architecture (new armhf.iso coming soon)
- New and updated hacking tools (automater, inundator, ettercap, wireshark, se-toolkit, metasploit, sqlmap, beef, recon-ng, zaproxy, weevely, thc-ipv6, truecrack, hashcat, etc.)
- 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 512 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 4.4 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- DVD-ROM drive or USB port
Cryptocat is free software that aims to provide an open, accessible Instant Messaging environment that encrypts your conversations and works right in your browser.
pyCryptoCat is a CryptoCat standalone chat client written in Python, using python-webkit package to serve CryptoCat JS and HTML files.
Cryptocat provides multi-user (and private) instant messaging inside chatrooms. It uses the OTR protocol for encrypted two-party chat and the (upcoming) mpOTR protocol for encrypted multi-party chat.
The goal is to provide the easiest, most accessible way to chat while maintaining your privacy online.Install in BackBox Linux
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pycryptocat